Monday, February 4, 2008

1962 Chevrolet Corvette Enthusiasts Magazine Ad

OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD TRAVEL. Copy by David E. Davis Jr. I am really sorry that lots of my illustrations are not sharp enough or big enough for you to read the copy. It is really first rate. All the more reason to be on the lookout for a copy if you don't already have one.Warren Winstanley shot the picture. I have noticed that nearly all the ads I have posted so far have been photographed by Warren and the reason for that is that Warren and I kind of grew up in the business together and I had a lot of of faith in what he could contribute to what I was trying to do. I wanted pictures that said more than just showing the sheet metal. There had to be a little something extra in each one. I'll try to get into all that at some point. This picture was shot in the tunnel that goes under East Jefferson and then on to Bell Aisle in Detroit. It has a lot of the things I like in car photos and it is simple. You can look for this ad in the Feb. 1962 issue of Car and Driver or Road and Track. Also in the Jan. 1962 issue of Sports Car.

No comments: