Saturday, March 1, 2008

;66 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396 Magazine Ad

CHEVELLE SS396.  AND THE SS DOESN'T STAND FOR "STANDING STILL"  Not many ads were still being done with art but this is a nice example of how powerful art could still be. It isn't the car seen on the open American road but gets the idea of performance across pretty well. I wish I could remember who did this. I didn't do it and there was so much going on at the time I can't recall who did. If any of you old art directors are still out there and can help me please send a message. Old copy guys too. David Koontz came to see me yesterday evening. I hadn't seen him for about 40 years but there was no mistaking him. He has changed some--OK a lot--but it took only a few minutes for us to get back on the same wave length and begin to remember the same things from years ago. He is a very successful broker for commercial real estate and his headquarters is in Key West, Florida. If you are looking for financing give him a look. He was an art director-producer 40 years ago and has come a long way. Life outside the ad business can be good too.

No comments: