Saturday, March 15, 2008

'58 Corvette Newspaper Ad

WHAT'S AS SUREFOOTED AS A CORVETTE ?
I'll bet hardly anybody has seen this Corvette ad. It is not likely to be in any collection since it ran in newspapers and only on the East Coast so far as I know. Nobody saved old newspapers like they did magazines. One of the reasons I have included so many newspaper ads here. This is very well done just like all Chevy ads but I thought then that Corvette needed to be presented more as a performance machine with more emphasis on the good stuff it had to offer. This ad was much the same as other Chevy ads with the warm and interesting people. If you put a Bel Air convertible in the picture it would have been right at home. But at the time I had nothing to say about things like that. I was doing the Corvette News and it was going the way I wanted it to go. Some of the direct mail on Corvette began to go my way too--some but not all.

No comments: