Saturday, March 29, 2008

'57 Corvette Magazine Ad

"FANTASTICO ! EVEN IN TURIN NO ONE HAS FUEL INJECTION !"
And that was right. Fuel injection turned Corvette onto a real sports car. The '57 Corvette today is one of the most expensive older cars out there. Especially if it has the fuel injection option. I had my first ride in our chairman Ted Little's all black one. I got the car for the weekend and what a thrill it was. No 4-speed and no injection but a Corvette. I have always thought the '57 was one of the best looking of all Corvettes. It even stands up well to todays car. I was a little disappointed in '58 when the duel headlights were added. But that was what everybody was doing then. This ad was written by Barney Clark and the art director may have been Bob Hungerford. This ad ran in Sports Illustrated on May 6, 1957 and probably the May issue of New Yorker. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice ad. When I saw the picture, the first thing that came to my mind was a recent Ford commercial for the Mustang Shelby GT500 that has a scene just like it. The car being unloaded from a ship, but in Germany.