Saturday, March 15, 2008

'58 Chevrolet Magazine Ad Layout

YOU LOOK YOUR SUNDAY BEST---AND YOU KNOW IT !
I am so pleased to be able to show you this Chevy ad to be. Very few layouts survive beyond being turned over to the artist for finished art. And when the ad is proofed and run the art director always wanted several proofs for his portfolio. I hardly ever saved a layout and when I try to remember what we did with them I come up with a blank. Most of the layouts I did save were of ads that didn't sell. The finished art is remarkably like this layout even to the little dog. The reason I know this is that I have the original art. When I get back to Michigan I'll put the ad next to this layout. For those of you that may have this ad torn from an old magazine this should be a real treat. And if any of you interested in collecting this ad in its printed form I'll tell you where to look when I can get the information. I am pretty sure the church in the background is the Kirk In The Hills on Long Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills. The layout was made by someone familiar with the church and may have lived out that way. Maybe even have been a member of the church. Sometimes that's where ad ideas come from. The art director could have been Clark Maddox ( Sure wish I knew how to spell his name)










No comments: