Thursday, February 21, 2008

Poster for Chevrolet Dealers

This is as good as it gets in outdoor advertising. Simple,memorable, and to the point. All dealers have a clearance as the new models become available and a dealer could put on quite an event built around this. I think this is the best board for Chevy dealers we ever produced. I don't know what has been done in the years since I left but if there is better work than this I say congratulations! With all the other communication methods available today, I'll bet they don't have the program. Back then, we produced a quarterly package for dealers that included outdoor boards and other materials they could use to promote their business. This poster was part of one of those packages and was created by a young lady in our Campbell-Ewald Sales Promotion Group whose name escapes me at the moment. I'll try to find it and post it. She worked for Tom Gaskin who was in charge of the group and did a lot of outstanding work himself. The boards that follow came from his group, for the most part. 

2 comments:

studeman said...

Larry Sheridan did the orginal add .He worked for Campbell E-Wald almost 50 years . He has the orginal art work and 5 gold awards for this piece .He is a personal friend . He is also horned for this piece in a poster book for Swedan . Thanks Gil

Jim Bernardin said...

Thanks for the information. It shows my memory is not what I would like it to be. I know Larry and would like to contact him. I hope he is doing well.