Wednesday, February 27, 2008

'66 Chevrolet Impala Magazine Ad

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I have seen this ad in lots of books and magazine stories about performance cars and I always get a kick out of seeing it again. It is one of a series of spreads made for the popular magazines of the day. I'll find the others and include them here when I get back to Michigan. Bill Graefen wrote a great piece of copy to go with my picture idea. We had such a nice working relationship. When I had a good visual idea for an ad he would get excited and bring forth beautiful words if I had none. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Car I Forgot '66 Was The First Year For Chevy's Turbo-Jet Motor Also Chevy Changed The Body Style For '67 So The '66 Is Like A Collectors Item Back In The Day

Anonymous said...

This '66 Impala Ad Is My New Desktop Image Now !!!!

Brent Fullard said...

Nice ad layout Jim for the '66 full size Chevrolet, however I am biased since I own 2 '66 Chevrolets....a '66 Corvair Corsa Turbo convertible and a '66 Corvette 427 coupe