Monday, February 18, 2008

'64 Corvette Sting Ray Magazine Ad

WALTER MITTYS OF THE WORLD, REJOICE! Copy by Bruce Mc Call and art direction by Roy Jackson. We had been using our bald guy for a long time in Corvette ads and I thought we should continue. Creative people always want to put their stamp on things [I'm no exception] and as a new group creative director I was a little concerned that my guys were not always doing what I wanted them to do. But when you look at what Bruce and Roy did with this one how can you complain? The copy is great and the picture really goes with it like a hand in a glove. Roy told me my bald guy was taking the picture. One of the things I soon learned about running a group was that you should surround yourself with the best people you can find. This ad ran in NEW YORKER on April 25,1964 and SRORTS ILLUSTRATED April 13, 1964.

1 comment:

Ladd said...

This is one of my all time favorite Corvette ads and I have a '64 convertible, but it's not black.
Ladd